About This Project
Actual patient. Unretouched photos taken before treatment and after final treatment. Individual results may vary.
Age: 36 | Weight (before/after treatment): 143 lbs/144 lbs
Total Treatments: 3
A double chin is caused by an extra layer of fat that develops beneath the chin.
A few different factors combine in the body to create a double chin. Understanding these factors may help with understanding ways to get rid of the double chin itself.
The skin can start to lose its elasticity as the body ages, which can lead to the appearance of extra or saggy skin that may contribute to a double chin.
Diet and weight:
While weight gain is not always the cause of a double chin, it can contribute to it. A diet high in calories, processed foods, and unhealthful fats may influence weight gain and a double chin as well.
Genes may play a role in people developing a double chin. Anyone with a family history of skin with little elasticity or double chins might be more likely to develop one themselves.
Poor posture can weaken the muscles of the neck and chin. This may contribute to a double chin over time, as the surrounding skin loses its elasticity when the muscles are not used.
Procedures that can fix a double chin. There are three main procedures for treating a double chin:
- Kybella: KYBELLA® is the only FDA-approved injectable treatment that destroys fat cells in the treatment area under the chin to improve your profile.KYBELLA® MAY BE RIGHT FOR YOU IF:
- You’re bothered (unhappy, self-conscious, embarrassed) by fat under the chin, also known as submental fullness
- You feel the condition makes you look older or heavier than you actually are
- You don’t want to have surgery
- You eat well and exercise, but submental fullness does not go away
- Liposculpting: Liposculpture treats a double chin by removing the fat through suction or with a laser. Liposcultping will not create more elasticity in the skin; it will only remove fat.
- Surgery: Liposuction and neck lift.